top of page

Stachybotrys: hazardous black mould and how to clean it

Stachybotrys is a greenish-black mould that can grow on materials like drywall, paper, insulation and carpet with high cellulose content and is often found in water-damaged buildings. Stachybotrys is also known as "toxic black mould" because some strains of the mould can produce toxins that can cause harm to humans and animals. Stachybotrys is how harmful it can be to humans and animals and how to clean it up safely.



entire wall covered in black mould
Black on on the walls

What is Stachybotrys?

Stachybotrys is a hazardous black mould that can cause serious health problems if not cleaned properly. Exposure to Stachybotrys includes coughing, sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin irritation. If you suspect that you have Stachybotrys in your home, it is essential to call a professional to have it removed. In the meantime, you can clean it yourself by using a HEPA filter vacuum and wet mop to remove any visible mould. You should also wear full PPE when attempting to perform any type of mould removal work.


What does Stachybotrys look like?

Stachybotrys is a black mold that can be found in homes and buildings. It is a hazardous mold that can cause serious health problems. If you see black mold in your home, it is essential to clean it up immediately. You can clean black mold yourself, but it is best to hire a professional to do the job.



image of black mould covering the entire ceiling
black mould on ceiling


How does Stachybotrys grow?

Stachybotrys is a type of black mould that can grow indoors and outdoors.


It is often found in damp or high-humidity areas, such as bathrooms, basements, and kitchens. Stachybotrys can also grow on building materials, such as drywall and insulation.


Stachybotrys gets its name from the Greek word for "mouldy," which is starchy. When Stachybotrys grows in clusters, it can release spores into the air. These spores can cause respiratory problems in people who are exposed to them.


If you think you have Stachybotrys or black mould in your house, then you need to contact a mould removal specialist to confirm the mould and write up a treatment plan.


Where is Stachybotrys found?

Stachybotrys, also known as black mould, is a type of fungi that can be found in damp, humid environments. It often grows on walls or ceilings and can be black or green. Stachybotrys is considered to be a health hazard. The toxins in the air can cause respiratory problems, headaches, and other health issues. If you suspect you have black mould in your home, you must call a professional to remove it.


The Hazards of Stachybotrys

Stachybotrys is a black mould that grows on damp or wet surfaces. The harmful toxins released from Stachybotrys into the air can cause various health problems, including respiratory infections, headaches, fevers and skin irritation.


If you suspect you have Stachybotrys in your home, it's essential to clean it up as soon as possible. To clean Stachybotrys, you'll need to use a robust bleach solution. First, wet the mouldy area with water and then apply the bleach solution. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing the area with a brush. Rinse the area with clean water and dry it thoroughly. If the mould persists, you may


How does Stachybotrys affect humans?

Stachybotrys is a type of black mould that can be found in homes and buildings. This mould is often found in damp or water-damaged areas and can release spores into the air. When these spores are inhaled, they can cause various health problems, including respiratory infections, allergic reactions, and even neurological issues. If you think you may have Stachybotrys in your home, it's essential to have it professionally cleaned as soon as possible to protect your health.

How does Stachybotrys affect pets?

Stachybotrys is a type of black mould that can be very dangerous to both humans and pets. If your pet comes into contact with this mold, it can cause several health problems, including respiratory problems, skin irritation, and gastrointestinal issues. If you think your pet may have come into contact with this mold, cleaning them off as soon as possible is essential. You can do this by using a mild soap and water solution. Be sure to rinse your pet off thoroughly and dry them afterwards. If you're concerned about your pet's health, it's always best to consult with a veterinarian.


Cleaning Up Stachybotrys

Stachybotrys is a type of black mold that can be found in homes and buildings. This mould can cause several health problems, including respiratory problems, skin irritation, and headaches. If you think you may have Stachybotrys in your home or building, cleaning it up as soon as possible is essential.


Here are quick tips on how to clean up Stachybotrys or Black Mould:


-Wear gloves, a mask, and protective clothing when cleaning up the mold.

-Use a damp cloth or mop to remove the mould.

-Be sure to dry the area thoroughly after cleaning.

-Use a HEPA vacuum to clean up any remaining mould spores.

- Use a HEPA Air Scrubber



mould removalist wearing face mask, overall and gloves removing mould
image of a mould removalist wearing full PPE


If you have a small area of mould removal, then it might be fine to DIY, but if it is a large area, it's best to contact a professional mould removal company like AAA Mould Removal.


How to safely clean up

When it comes to hazardous black mould, also known as Stachybotrys, it is essential to take extra care when cleaning it up. This mould can release harmful toxins into the air, so wearing a respirator and gloves is essential when cleaning it.


In addition, you should duct the outlet of the air scrubber outside while cleaning. Once you have finished cleaning, be sure to wash your hands and clothing thoroughly.

4 views0 comments

コメント


bottom of page